Venue Info (Sound & Tech)
We’re looking forward to having you perform at Music Box, in downtown San Diego’s historic Little Italy area. Below, you’ll find venue information, including technical specs, house backline, and contact information.
To ensure that you have a great show, please go over all the information below. You may also contact our Production Manager to properly advance your upcoming show. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We’ll do all we can to make sure you have a wonderful show!
Production / Hospitality / Advance: Matt Bennett, Production Manager – Matt@MusicBoxSD.com
LOADERS / STAGEHANDS
Music Box does not have loaders / stagehands on staff. Our A1 and an A2 can assist. If additional loaders / stagehands are necessary for your show, it needs to be agreed to in your contract / show budget and arranged with production at least 72 hours in advance.
You can load in & out in front of the venue on India Street between A Street & Ash Street. There is a 20-minute yellow commercial loading zone in front. PLEASE NOTE: This is for loading and unloading only. Please be considerate of our neighbors regarding noise, and please, no smoking or drinking while loading in & out.
Due to sound constraints with our building neighbors, soundcheck cannot begin before 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday. There is no time restriction on Saturday and Sunday.
BUSES & TRUCKS:
Music Box does not offer bus parking or shore power. If absolutely necessary, we can try to creatively cone-off parking behind the venue, on Columbia Street.
However, this area is not guaranteed. Please coordinate with production staff as you arrive. If no options are available, you can double-park your vehicle for load-in, but it may be necessary to park elsewhere during the show. The streets are much more clear post-show, making it very easy to park in front of the venue for load-out.
There is plenty of parking available. Street parking is not metered after 6:00 PM Monday thru Saturday, and all-day Sunday. In addition, there are multiple paid parking lots all around the venu
The merchandise area is in our lobby near the venue’s front door. A six-foot table and power are available, but please bring your own lights / hangers / display racks. Music Box can provide a merchandise sales person for $75, upon request. However, this request must be made at least 72 hours in advance. Please advance this with Production Manager.
All artist hospitality is provided per advance and per contract / agreement.
Please contact Matt@MusicBoxSD.com regarding your hospitality needs WELL IN ADVANCE of your show.
GREEN ROOM / VIP ROOM
A Green Room with wet bar, fridge, make-up mirrors, couches, television, chairs, toilet, and shower is available for the headliner. Auxiliary space with private restroom is available in hallway area adjacent to Green Room.
WIFI is available throughout the venue.
GUEST LIST / COMPS
Generally, 25 artist guest list spots are available per show. Please submit your guest list, alphabetized by first name, to BoxOffice@MusicBoxSD.com by 3:00 PM day of show.
STAGE DIMENSIONS & ELECTRICAL INFO:
- 24’w, 17’d, 4.5’t
- Stage trim height: 24’
- RISERS: 6x8x1’ OR 8x8x1’ drum riser. 2x8x3’ DJ stage deck 3 separate 20A circuits on stage w/ quad boxes
- 6 separate 20A circuits available at monitor desk DSL 100A 3-phase service available, cam lock tie-in
- 2x YAMAHA M7cl (FOH & Monitors)
- 40 channel Whirlwind custom split (40 channels)
- Vue Audiotechnik line array, fills, subwoofers & amplification:
- 14 AL-8 boxes (6 flown per side, 8 ground stacked). Each box has 2 8” woofers and 4” drivers with beryllium diaphragms
- 4 HS-221 powered subwoofers (two dual 21” cabinets under stage, two portable both on aux sends)
- 2 H5 center/front fill boxes. Each box has 2 5” drivers with 120 degree horizontal coverage
- 2 H208 boxes (one balcony fill, one lobby fill). Each box has two 8” LF transducers with a horn loaded compression driver
- 4 V6-d amplifiers
- 1 V4-d amplifier
***All zones throughout the venue are coved with extremely consistent SPL
Vue Audiotechnik monitor system:
- 4 hm112 floor wedges (single 12”)
- 5 hm212 floor wedges (dual 12”)
- 5 V4-d amplifiers
- 1 18” EV powered drum sub/butt thumper
- FOH to Monitor Clearcom 2-channel intercom system
- Elation Hedgehog 4S Lighting console
- 2 motorized lighting trusses (one upstage one crowd/dancefloor) 11 ETC source four lekos
- 6 Elation Pro Satura
- 6 Colorado 2 quad zoom tour
- 9 Colorado 1 Quad Tour 1 Ultratec Radiance hazer
- 1 Antari F4 Fazer
1 Absen LED wall 16×9’. Aspect ratio: 1350×765 1 Kramer VP-770 Presentation Scaler/Switcher
Accessible via HDMI @ FOH or HDMI/VGA at stage/monitor desk
- 16 round-base mic stands
- 18 three-legged boom stands 4 short boom stands
- 3 BD mic stands 5 Claws
- 1x Shure Beta 52 1x Shure Beta 91a
- 4x Shure SM58 wireless (SLX2) 9x Shure SM58
- 3x Shure SM Beta 57a 5x Shure SM57
- 2x Shure SM81 2x Shure SM137 2x AKG 451
- 2x Sennheiser e914 5x Sennheiser 609 4x Sennheiser e604 2x Sennheiser 421
- 1x Audio Technica p48 15 DI boxes
BACKLINE: GUITAR AMPS
- 1- Fender Twin Reverb
- 1- Fender Hot Rod Deville
- 1- GK800 head
- 1- David Eden xlt 4×10 cabinet 1- Ampeg 15 cabinet
- Yamaha Maple Custom:
- 20” Kick 14”X5’’ snare
- 10” tom/mounted
- 12” tom /mounted
- 14” flr tom/leg mounted 16” flr tom/leg mounted
- 2x DW5000 boom stands 2x Yamaha boom stands 1 Ludwig boom stand
- 1 DW5000 snare stand 1 Roland SPD-SX stand Ludwig single kick pedal
- Yamaha chain-drive single kick pedal
- Tama Iron Cobra pedal Yamaha hi-hat stand (3-legged)
- 2 adjustable thrones (one Rock n Soc hydraulic, one Yamaha bench) 2x drum rugs
- 21” Zildjian Medium Ride 20” Zildjian Custom Ride
- 20” Zildjian A Projection Ride 20” Paiste Bright Ride
- 20” Paiste Dark Ride
- 20” Zildjian S Medium Thin Crash 19” Instanbul Crash 19” Sabian AA Crash
- 18” Zildjian Z Multi Puropse Crash 18” Zildjan Z Medium Crash 14” Zildjian New Beat Hats
- 2x Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus
- 1x Pioneer DJM900 (updated firmware) Nexus 1x Serrato box 1x 2’x8’ DJ stage deck (3’ legs)
- 1x 8’x8’x1’ or 6’x8’x1’ drum riser 6x single-tier keyboard stands 2x two-tier keyboard stand
- 7x music stands w/ lights 7x guitar stands
- 1x laptop stand